…of the year. We will have lots more first days and I’m really thankful for that. But today, the last of our school kids for this year had her first day of school. Charlotte was dressed to impress.
I have no idea where that necklace came from. Lala? Bellamy? No clue.
With her deedee in hand, a smile on her face, and a chapstick in her fist which was later confiscated, Charlotte started preschool at CHMS.
[inside shoes are the most genius thing and my favorite part of our morning routine. the kids know exactly what to do when they go inside the school and it’s so cute to watch them change out of their outside, playtime shoes and into their inside shoes]
I have a small list of apologies and promises for CHMS teachers, among them:
(1) toddler wedges. I’m sorry. But look at them. They are hilarious and adorable and, really, I’m doing you a favor by not allowing her the foot freedom of running amok. I suppose you’re welcome.
(2) I’m sorry in advance for forgetting snack. I’ll make it up, I promise.
(3) I’m sorry for asking what time things are, even after you’ve sent home a handout or calendar of events. But I’ll be there, I promise.
(4) I’m sorry about deedee. That damn blanket, no doubt, carries up to 15 individual and unique diseases and at least 4 parasites. But she loves it. I promise to wash it once a week.
(5) I’m sorry for the puppy dog eyes she has down to a science.
I promise to try not to give in at home. I’ll stay strong for you.
Happy First Day of School to all of our CHMS preschool friends! xoxo