These cookies. They’re everything.
They’re gooey and soft and so freaking delicious.
1 3/4 stick butter
1/4 cup white sugar
2 cups dark brown sugar
heaping 2 cups flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t baking powder
1 egg plus 1 yolk
1 T vanilla extract
- preheat oven to 350
- melt 10 T butter in pan until it starts to brown (whisk constantly). Put it in a bowl with the remaining 4 T butter
- whisk together 1/4 C brown sugar, white sugar, flour, baking soda and powder
- Add the rest of the brown sugar to the butter mixture and mix, then add egg and yolk plus vanilla.
- roll into balls and place on parchment paper on a baking sheet
- bake for approximately 12 minutes, or until edges start to darken. The middle will appear to be raw but it will firm up a bit.
(adapted VERY slightly from Dinner then Dessert)