Honestly, the easiest semi-homemade (that really tastes homemade) meal I’ve made in a long while.
Polenta with veggies and marinara:
– 2 little zucchini
– 2 little yellow squash
– jar of marinara
– approx 4-5 roma tomatoes
– 1 onion
1. add butter and garlic to a hot pan, then add the zucchini and squash with a little salt and pepper, too.
Let that cook for a few minutes.
2. add the onion. (dice it)
3. Get a pan really hot and put some oil down. Cut up your polenta into 1/2″ or so discs. You can make it a little thicker if you’d like.
4. Let your veggies cook until the are almost done, then add chopped up tomatoes.
5. Put the polenta down on the hot pan and fry it up until it’s golden brown on each side. I like mine to be just a little crispy on the outside.
6. Add a jar of marinara to your veggies.
7. It’s ready to go. place your polenta pieces on a plate. Fine china, like I use:
Spoon some of the sauce over top and enjoy.
Really, it’s super delicious. Don’t mind these pictures or the plates or anything — our kitchen is a wreck right now and we’re eating off of paper plates and using plastic forks and it’s a miracle I could even find the marinara in the mess we are using for our temporary pantry.
If this plate was styled, it could probably be used in Food and Wine magazine. I’m just sayin’.
Next week, my friend Lindsay is going to share a recipe for a meal that her little girls (they’re both under 10) just love.