I’m going veggie. Like…vegetarian. I mean, plus fish. Pescetarian? Whatever, I’m nixing meat from my diet. Red meat, poultry, pork. My meals are fairly boring, which is totally my fault because it’s not hard to make vegetarian options just as delicious and fun as their meaty counterparts.
Tonight we had Thai coconut curry soup and it was really delicious. We added tempura vegetables (broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, onions, zucchini, squash), grilled shrimp and spring rolls.
Thai Coconut Curry Soup
3 medium sized potatoes, cooked and diced
1/2 diced onion
curry simmering sauce
1) sauté the onions and a tablespoon of ginger in veggie oil
2) add the curry simmering sauce and the curry paste (one section in the package). Let the paste dissolve.
3) add 2 cups of broth and 1 can coconut milk
4) simmer for about 10 minutes
5) add juice from 1/2 lime, a tablespoon or so of chopped cilantro and the potatoes
6) garnish with green onion and sriracha (duh).