It’s coming back. It’s 2014 and this blog is making its comeback. Oh, what? You’ve heard that a million times? Shut it. 2014 is the year of no lies. Here we go.
Ruthie’s Top 10 Favorite Etsy Shops. In no particular order. They all tied for 1st. So I guess it’s the Top Etsy shops. 10 way tie. Either way…..
10. Olive and Star. This girl (Nichole) is pretty rad. She does 90% of my invites and thank yous for any party we have. I give her colors I want, a concept or idea I’m going for, and she whips something up. Her designs are always clean and just the right amount of ‘cute.’ Any time I’ve asked to stay away from “cartoon-y” looking images, she does it no sweat. Her prices are right on and everything arrives quickly and I’ve never had any errors in my orders. Ah, I love her.
9. Gingiber. I’m not a huge animal person, but there’s something about animal art that I really love. I just said that sentence to myself out loud and then laughed a little bit. Yeah, it’s a real-life statement. Her style is very unique and I appreciate that. A bunch.
8. Opposite of Far. These masks and tails, you guys. The BEST dress up for your playroom. She has a ton of different designs and they are so well made — sign up for her “mask of the month” and you’ll be so happy. So will your kids.
(you guys, that’s only $16!)
7. The Printed Palette . I love these peeps. I bought Sadie’s bachelorette tanks here. I also bought the kids’ “It’s Awesome Time” tee shirts here. Oh, and the “One Wild and Precious Life” shirt for Olive. Maybe a couple tribal print tees and possible a print or 2. *sigh*
6. Scribbles and Stripes. Lauren is the sweetest. She is incredibly generous and might be the cutest pregnant girl ever. And I want to be her IRL friend. Oh, and her iPhone cases are pretty rad. Check it.
5. Hen and Co. I really like her greeting cards but what I really love about this shop are the onesie designs. She had a “Bonjour” onesie and my pretty cool friend Tara was (at the time) pregnant with twins. I mean, I suppose they could have both received a “bonjour” shirt, but where’s the fun in that? I told her I loved that onesie, but I wanted 2….but different designs. She went ahead and threw one together for me that said “au revoir.” Boom. And how about one with stacked top hats that says “A Fine Gentleman?” Why do I think that’s so hilarious? Oh, cuz it is. Babies can’t be gentlemen…..
4. child_HOODS. Something that I think is awesome along with hilarious: babies wearing hoodies. Child Hoods makes the coziest hoodies for babies and toddlers in so many different combinations: with buttons, without buttons, contrast trim, etc. She also makes these little fat bows that I kind of love.
3. Inspired by Tess. First, she lives in Boise. See? Totally cool people live in Idaho! Secondly, maxi skirts for babies and toddlers? Sign me up. My very favorite outfit of Alice’s is her purple floral maxi skirt from IbT. And Olive had so many of these tiny little creations when she was newborn. They are super soft and comfy and the best when it comes to diaper changes. Oh, and hysterical. She also makes skirts for mamas. I have a couple and I love them. They fit perfectly and are so comfortable.
2. A Tiny Arrow. She makes the most whimsical headbands for little girls. They aren’t the “wear everyday” type you can buy 20 of and still not have enough (oh, please, if you are a mom of a little girl – or 4 – you know exactly what I’m talking about). A Tiny Arrow makes the kind of headband that you buy because it will make that special outfit look perfect. It’s the accessory you buy for newborn pictures or school concerts or birthdays. My fave.
2. Jack’s Master. Remember those puff cigarettes I bought for both my Mad Men party and the Gatsby party? Well I thought they were genius and awesome.
1. Make Pie Not War. First, the name of this shop. Freakin’ adorable. But the jewelry here is just the best. It’s sweet and soft and fun and unique. Oh, and Umba carries it. Done. Shuttin’ it down.
Happy Sunday. And let’s all take a moment to say a quick prayer of thanks that tomorrow is Monday —- the END OF WINTER BREAK!!!!!