Do you see what I did there? SSSSSelfie SSSSSundays. A lot like Fashion Friday. Or What They Wore Wednesdays. Or maybe Friday Favorites. I like it, alright? It rolls off the tongue nicely.
Selfie Sundays. The day where I say, “Oh, man, I haven’t written a blog post in way too long and I don’t have any good pictures….I might as well write about myself.” It’s a subject I know well.
So here we go: 20 facts about me. (Oh, you’ve seen a ton of people do this on Instagram? They were “tagged” by someone who did it before them? No, you guys. I wasn’t tagged. Because I only have pretend IG friendships with cool people. And yes, I’m totally copying. Do you feel better now for calling me out?)
1) I can’t leave the house until my bed is made. If I do, it’s all I can think about.
2) I have severe phone anxiety. There is a 90% chance I will not answer the phone when/if you call. Text me instead.
3) I always wished I had played soccer.
4) I want to be Latin American. (so freaking weird. but also true.)
5) I want to learn how to drop in on a quarter pipe. without Dan holding my hands.
6) I have spent almost 1/3 of my life either pregnant or nursing.
7) I have a soft spot in my heart for anyone dealing with alcohol or drug addiction and I wish I knew the magic words to help them.
8) It takes quite a bit to hurt my feelings, but hardly anything to piss me off. Oops.
9) I want to be a yogi. But it’s hard to find the time (ooohhhhh and it makes me so frustrated).
10) I want to be a pharmacist when I grow up. Mostly so that I can save lives…..during a zombie apocalypse.
11) I wish I looked good in: a pair of skinnies and a baseball tee. I don’t. Someday, I’ll be skinny again.
12) I hate it when moms wear their pajamas to drop their kids off at school. I also want to yell at people who wear their pajamas to hotel breakfast areas. Like…put on some jeans and a shirt! (please refer to fact #8 now)
13) I would be very happy living on the beach and just letting the kids surf all day long. Because who wouldn’t love living on the ocean?
14) Danny and I have been together since we were 16 and I can’t possibly imagine ever being with anyone else. He’s the best.
15) I think one of the rudest things to ever say to a mother of many is, “So, are you done?”
16) But that’s second only to, “Don’t you know what causes that?” Awkward…
17) I’m quite shy. Which most people would call bull$!&@ on. But it’s true. And I try very hard not to appear shy. Someone once told me I seem stuck up, but also told me it was because I was shy. No one wants to be thought of as stuck up.
18) I always think I’m dying. Not in a silly, ha-ha, let’s laugh about it way. In a serious, anxious, it’s-the-only-thing-i-cry-over way. I’m getting better about it.
19) I don’t cry or get emotional hardly at all. I didn’t shed a tear when my children were born — but I was still crazy happy and in love.
20) I stutter when I’m really excited or really nervous. Ask my next door neighbor.
Oh my gosh you guys, now you know so much about me.
I wish you could hear me say that last sentence because it was in a super sarcastic, valley-girl voice. I know this post is lame, alright? But tomorrow is the first day of school and there will be pictures. Sit tight.